All Services on this site have/will remain OPEN! Our top priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our community. To support student wellbeing and to obtain more detailed information about how to access each of these services, follow the links provided below for each department.
UC Police Department (UCPD)
After Hours Counseling
Press 2 to speak with a counselor
Bias or Hate Incident Response
Financial Crisis Response Team
Eviction, financial emergency or urgent food-related issue
Interpersonal Violence, Stalking, and Sexual Assault Advocacy
Undocumented Student Services
Students or immediate family members are detained or at risk of deportation
COVID-19 Update: Food pantries & Basic Needs advocates are open for in person service. All other basic needs services are open with virtual access.
- Technology Access - Support to secure a laptop or wifi
- Help with an emerging issue such as eviction, health, food-related crisis
- Financial Assistance to help students experiencing financial problems
- Food Access & Programs:
- AS Food Bank, Miramar Pantry
- CalFresh assistance
- FNBS & UCSB Cooks - food prep and shopping during COVID-19
- Affordable housing resources (UCSB/IV) - budget advising and workshops
Food Security and Basic Needs Advocates located in the UCen
Food Security and Basic Needs Advising Center (SNAC)
Fall Quarter Service Hours:
Virtual Assistance Hours via Tawk.to Live Chat (Food.ucsb.edu)
Fall Quarter Service Hours:
Service hour information can be located here: https://food.ucsb.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Brief therapy and group therapy
- Urgent appointments
- After Hours Counseling (nights, weekends and holidays)
Voicemail messages will be returned within one business day. Requests after 3 pm will be returned the next business day.
Brief Assessment Hours (to get connected to services)
Monday—Friday, 10 am – Noon & 1 – 3 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday, 10 am – 4:30 pm
Thursday, 9 am – 4:30 pm
Campus Advocacy Resources and Education (CARE)
COVID-19 Update: Appointments will be conducted via phone or Zoom. Contact CARE via the advocacy telephone line shown below.
- Support for anyone impacted by sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, & harassment, including crisis counseling, resource navigation, and accompaniment
- Prevention and healing workshops
- Free, confidential and available 24/7
Monday—Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
Health & Wellness (H&W)
The Department of Health & Wellness provides many offerings to engage and improve your wellness.
- Cooking Classes that provide basics skills on kitchen tools, budgeting, nutrition and meal preparation.
- Meditation for stress management & a workshop series in mindfulness.
- Healthy Body Image and Eating Disorder Prevention
- Sleep Challenge to help you build healthy habits to improve your quality of sleep.
- Sexual Health & Relationship Resources
- Positive Psychology & the science of happiness.
- And much more!
The Department of Recreation is committed to creating a healthy campus culture for students, staff, faculty, and neighboring communities. UCSB Recreation seeks to promote balanced lifestyles through innovative and high-quality programs and facilities in the areas of sport, fitness, recreation, and wellness. Find Your Fit with Recreation!
- Dietary Wellness Services: Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), Nutrition Counseling
- Educational Programming with assessments and resource referrals: Wellness & Fitness Institute
- Faculty and Staff Wellbeing Support: Faculty & Staff Wellness, WorkStrong Program
- Fitness Assistance Programs: Group/Personal Training, Fit Squad
- Massage Therapy
Monday—Thursday, 6 am – 11 pm
Friday, 6 am – 9 pm
Saturday, 9 am – 9 pm
Sunday, 9 am – 10 pm
Student Health Services (SHS)
COVID-19 Update: In addition to providing in-person appointments, you can now access your medical provider from home via telehealth.
- Primary care: general medical care, mental health conditions, medication initiation and monitoring, nutrition counseling, transgender healthcare & advocacy.
- Behavioral health care: psychiatry, social work, and alcohol & drug therapy.
- Pharmacy services: prescription and over-the-counter medications; many prescriptions can be mailed to your address.
- Walk-in care is available for illness or injury that cannot wait for an appointment.